Prince Lot Hula Festival
I. Vocabulary words from this article:
Click here for vocabulary matching exercise.
II. Pre-Reading Questions
What are some ways Hawaiians preserve their culture?
Do you know how the hula originated?
IV. Post-Reading Questions
True or False?
1. The tango is a traditional dance of Hawaii.
2. Prince Kamehameha V became the King of Hawaii from 1863 to 1872.
3. One of the King's interests was to promote and preserve the hula.
4. The hula represents Hawaiians' view of the world.
5. When was the Prince Lot Hula Festival established?
a. In 1979
b. In the mid 1900s
c. In 1978
d. In the 18th Century
6. Which is not a part of the Prince Lot Hula Festival?
a. Hand-stitched quilts
b. Leaf-weaving demonstrations
d. Food contest
Click for Answers.
design by web design company